This porridge is a delicious, nutritious and filling way to start the day! The surprise mouthfuls of peanut butter that you get are absolutely divine! I prefer this porridge cold the next morning, but it can also be enjoyed warm.
It’s an ideal pre or post workout breakfast as it contains a combination of protein, carbs and good fats. It’s quite calorie dense and filling, so I love to have this breakfast after a morning training session or as a weekend treat. 🙂
Recipe serves one (or more, depends how much food you can eat in one sitting 😉 )
48g Brookfarms ‘Gluten Free Porrij’ (you can also use oats, but the nuts in the porridge really complement the peanut butter flavour perfectly!)
½ cup grated zucchini (optional – for added goodness!)
2 egg whites
12g PB2 Powdered Peanut Butter
½ – 1 tbsp natural peanut butter (or for a sweet treat, try White Chocolate Wonderful Peanut Butter by Peanut Butter & Co)
50-100g banana slices
10ml Sugarfree Maple Syrup
1 tbsp cinnamon
Stevia to taste
- Add zucchini and porridge/oats to a saucepan with 1 cup of water, 1 tbsp of cinnamon and stevia to your liking.
- Cover and bring to the boil.
- Once boiling, turn down to a gentle simmer and remove lid. Allow to simmer until most of the excess water has evaporated
- Add the egg whites and stir quickly for about 20 seconds until eggs are cooked through.
- Remove from heat and stir through the PB2.
- Transfer to a bowl and stir through the peanut butter into the hot porridge.
- Leave in the fridge overnight. In the morning, top with banana and sugarfree maple syrup.
Note: For a lower calorie option, combine some more PB2 with water to make a ‘sauce’ to drizzle over your porridge instead of mixing in the peanut butter.