I don’t mean to toot my own horn, but these are by far the best clean pancakes I have ever tasted! They are the perfect combination of fluffy, moist, and sweet (but not too sweet!). They are also a blessing to cook – they don’t take too long, don’t stick to the pan, and were nice and easy to flip! Made from simple ingredients, these are a great breakfast that feels like a cheat but isn’t! Happy tummy, happy thighs 😉
Ingredients (Makes approx 3 pancakes; serves one)
40g rolled oats (note for a lower carb version you could substitute for almond meal)
14g coconut flour
2 egg whites
60 ml unsweetened almond milk
50g mashed banana (the riper the better)
a pinch of bi-carb soda
50g Chobani 0% Greek Yoghurt
10ml sugarfree maple syrup
Macros (not including the toppings) – Cals: 229 P:17g F:5g C:46g
1. Blend the oats and coconut flour in a blender or food processor for a few seconds until it forms a powder.
- Transfer dry ingredients to a bowl and add the almond milk, egg whites, mashed banana and a pinch of bi-carb soda, stirring until well combined.
- Heat a little bit of organic butter or coconut oil in a frying pan on medium heat.
- Add 1/3 of the mixture at a time to the pan, using a spoon to ensure it is spread evenly.
- Cook for approx 2-3 minutes or until the underside of the pancake has firmed, then flip and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Transfer pancake to a plate and repeat with the remainder of the mixture.
TIP: Keep cooked pancakes covered with a plate or aluminum foil to keep them warm while making the rest of the pancakes.
- Top pancakes with greek yoghurt, blueberries and sugar free maple syrup or toppings of your own choice.
- Enjoy! 🙂