I can’t eat plain chicken and steamed broccoli six times a day. I just can’t. It takes all of the enjoyment out of eating, and leaves my taste buds craving something to stimulate them! I make sure I pump plenty of flavour into my meals with natural herbs and spices so I can enjoy my food without compromising my diet. It takes me a little more time in the kitchen, but I think it’s worth it.
I was playing around with making comp-prep friendly recipes that are still jam packed with flavour when I made up these super quick and delicious turkey rissoles!
I love turkey because it’s such a lean meat and it’s high in protein! I’m actually looking forward to eating this every day for the next week.
This recipe makes 2 meals for me.
300g turkey breast mince
Dried thyme leaves
Pink sea salt
- Chop up the spring onion and garlic into small pieces.
- Put turkey mince in a bowl and add all the dried herbs, garlic, salt and pepper and spring onion. I put a lot of herbs in to give them heaps of flavour.
- Knead it all together.
- Split turkey into 10 even pieces and roll them into balls. Really knead them together so that they stick and don’t break when you cook them.
- Heat 1 tsp coconut oil over low to medium heat.
- Put each ball on the pan and flatten them as you go.
- Cook until you can see they are cooked through to about halfway then flip them.
- Once cooked through, remove and serve
These rissoles are delicious served with salad and avocado.